Who We Are
The Global Leadership Foundation is a not-for-profit foundation registered in the Canton of Berne, Switzerland. It is independent of any private, corporate or commercial interest.
The Foundation is constituted by the General Assembly of Members, who are served by the GLF Board and a small Secretariat.
- From 2004-2021, the GLF was chaired by its founder and former President of South Africa, FW de Klerk
- Since 2021, the GLF is chaired by former Prime Minister of New Zealand and Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, Helen Clark
- Victor Blank is the foundation’s Vice Chairman and also serves as the Chairman of the Strategy and Development Committee
- The GLF Board is responsible for the objectives of the foundation and for all decisions relating to the Foundation’s structure, governance, strategic aims and financial management, including the Secretariat work plan and budget
- The Secretariat is responsible for the coordination of the activities of the organisation. It based in London and is the hub of the GLF network
- The GLF is financially supported by the International Council which consists of organisations and individuals who recognise the importance of GLF’s work
- GLF has two associate Foundations: GLF (USA), a 501(c)(3) Foundation registered in Delaware, USA; and GLF (UK) – a charity registered in England and Wales.