“The Global Leadership Foundation’s promotion of democratic governance should not be mistaken for anything other than a quest for democracy, peace, stability and socio-economic progress for all societies of the world".
- Ketumile Masire, former President of Botswana
“GLF’s principles of confidentiality and its global reach makes it a unique group that leaders can rely on for private, practical, robust advice and assistance. It can draw on a skills mix that makes a useful addition to the international institutional tool box available for those who want to confront their problems.”
- Mike Moore, former Prime Minister of New Zealand
"GLF provides quiet, experienced and confidential advice and counsel to leaders around the world with a recognised need for such help. Disinterested support is a rare and precious commodity and GLF is unique in making it available".
- Thomas R. Pickering, former US Under-Secretary of State for Political Affairs
“Objective advice from people without a personal, financial or political agenda has been priceless for me. It enabled me to resolve seemingly overwhelming problems through negotiation.”
- FW de Klerk, former President of South Africa
"Leadership cannot be imported , it can be helped".
- Pascal Couchepin, former President of the Swiss Confederation
“GLF essential attributes are experience, authority and disinterested judgement which - taken together - can be the catalyst which helps governments break out of apparent dead ends."
- Joe Clark, former Prime Minister of Canada
"In the peer to peer, one to one relationship, Members of GLF, especially former Heads of State and of Government, share their experiences of success and failure with the current leadership of a country showing, for example, how they often succeeded in turning failures into opportunities. The current leaders can thus avoid certain mistakes when faced with similar situations. This is why, when required, my own advice is not so much what should be done as what shouldn’t."
- Cassam Uteem, former President of Mauritius
"Good leadership includes listening and learning"
- Elisabeth Rehn, former UN Under-Secretary-General and Minister of Defence of Finland